Star Wars has always been one of the most acclaimed series of our time, the movies have been a part of the cultural zeitgeist for last four decades. In celebration of the beloved series, Star Movies will be presenting a complete movie marathon titled ‘Star Wars: The Complete Saga’ starting with Episode I: The Phantom Menace , Episode II: Attack of the Clones on 14th and 15th January at 12pm.
While we still have long time to go until the next film Episode VIII of Sequel Trilogy is released, renowned film critic Anupama Chopra shares her love for Star Wars as she recalls the first time she ever saw the film. She commented saying, “I was 10 years old when I saw the first Star Wars film. I clearly remember sitting in the dark hall and watching the opening crawl. I didn't know anything about cinema but I remember thinking that those words had somehow rendered my world anew.”
As we look back at the six movies of the sic-fi classic, here are a few exciting trivia about the series.
· Luke Skywalker was originally going to be named Luke Starkiller, and retained the name up until the film begin shooting. Luckily, the name was never mentioned, so it was changed to Skywalker with little effort.
· Yoda was originally going to played by a monkey carrying a cane and wearing a mask.
· The phrase “I have a bad feeling about this” is said in every film.
· Star Wars and 2001: A Space Odyssey share almost the exact same production crew. George Lucas admired Stanley Kubrik, and when he set out to make Star Wars, he hired so many people who worked on 2001: A Space Odyssey that the group was referred to as "The Class of 2001."
· Chewbacca's voice is an eclectic mix of other animals. Chewbacca's voice is a mix of bears, walruses, lions, badgers and other dying animals.
· The first film in the series, Star Wars, was released in 1977. This was followed by two sequels: The Empire Strikes Back released in 1980 and Return of the Jedi released in 1983. More than two decades after the release of the original film, the series continued with a prequel trilogy; consisting of Episode I: The Phantom Menace, released in 1999; Episode II: Attack of the Clones, released in 2002 and Episode III: Revenge of the Sith in 2005.
As we continue to explore a ‘galaxy far far away’ with each and every Star Wars film, dont miss the chance to watch the movies on Star Movies all this January every weekend starting 14th January at 12pm!