The Central Election Committee of the Bharatiya Janata Party met today under the Presidentship of Shri Amit Shah.
Meeting was attended by Shri Narendra Modi, Prime Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh, Minister of Home Affairs, Shri Arun Jaitley, Minister of Finance and other members of the Central Election Committee of the BJP.
The Committee has decided the following names for the ensuing General Elections to the Legislative Assembly 2017 of Punjab.
PUNJAB LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
Sl. AC No. AC Name Name of Candidate
1. 1 Sujanpur Shri Dinesh Singh Babbu, Sitting MLA
2. 2 Bhoa (SC) Smt. Seema Kumari, Sitting MLA
3. 3 Pathankot Shri Ashwani Sharma, Sitting MLA
4. 5 Dina Nagar (SC) Shri V.D. Dhupad
5. 16 Amritsar West (SC) Shri Rakesh Gill
6. 17 Amritsar Central Shri Tarun Chugh
7. 18 Amritsar East Shri Rajesh Hani
8. 36 Jalandhar North Shri K.D. Bhandari, Sitting MLA
9. 39 Mukerian Shri Arunesh Shakar
10. 40 Dasuya Smt. Sukhjeet Kaur Sahi, Sitting MLA
11. 43 Hoshiarpur Shri Tikshan Sood
12. 63 Ludhiana Central Shri Gurudev Sharma Devi
13. 64 Ludhiana West Shri Kamal Chetli
14. 65 Ludhiana North Shri Praveen Bansal
15. 76 Firozpur City Shri Sukhlal Singh "Nannu"
16. 81 Abohar Shri Arun Narang
17. 111 Rajpura Shri Harjeet Singh Grewal