Chandigarh July 17, 2017: The Syndicate of Panjab University, Chandigarh, in a move to make campus student friendly and to convert the campus into a Vehicle Free Zone has approved the following:
• Entry of Vehicles bearing University Stickers is allowed from Gate No. 1,2 and 3.
• Gate No.1: Vehicles without University stickers are allowed entry and be parked at designated parking area near Gate No.1.
• Gate No.2: Visitors, visiting Bank, Post Office, USOL, Health Centre and Market Complex are allowed entry and vehicles be parked at designated parking area near Market Complex at Gate No. 2.
• Gate No.3: Entry of Visitors visiting employees in residential area and University Guest Houses is allowed only.
• As PU is an education institute, no honking of horns is allowed inside the University.
• Students, Teaching/Non Teaching staff of PU Affiliated Colleges shall carry their valid identity card.
• Free shuttle bus service is available for transport of visitors to various departments in Sector-14 and 25. E-Rickshaw facility is available on nominal charges of Rs. 10/- per ride anywhere within the Campus(Sector-14 and 25).
• If any vehicle parked in the No Vehicle Zone/on roads, then the same may be towed away.
• No student shall be allowed entry in the PU after 5.00 pm and on the University holidays without permission.
• Hostelers, Research Scholars, Students going to the library and students attending PCP in USOL will have to take special permission.
• Students of Department of Evening Studies will be allowed entry only on two wheelers and must carry a valid identity card.
• Vehicles which do not have University parking stickers will not be allowed in the academic area.
• New students shall not be allowed to come to the department on four wheelers. Only two wheelers and cycles will be allowed.
• In the academic sessions, University is introducing separate stickers in lieu of old stickers; Green for faculty, Brown for Staff/Resident and Blue for students.
Provisions are being made to place five boom barriers and check gates at four places to enforce the rule. The frequency of the shuttle bus services already in service will be enhanced covering Gate Nos. 1, 2 and 3 and sufficient parking space will be created around Gate No.1 and Gate No.2 for the smooth transitioning into No Vehicle Zone.