Balaji Telefilms Limited, India’s leading media powerhouse, today announced its financial results for the third quarter ended on 31st December 2018.
2018 was yet another feather in the cap for Balaji Telefilms Ltd. as they consistently delivered hit after hit leading to a commendable 16% market share in Primetime Ratings. A proven entity in gauging the pulse of the masses through the years and boasting an exemplary track record in creating content across genres, Balaji Telefilms has consistently established itself as the number one leader in the Indian entertainment sector.
Ms. Shobha Kapoor, Managing Director, Balaji Telefilms Limited said, “We are pleased to announce another strong performance this quarter, highlighted improving margins that has cemented our place as a leader in the Indian media industry. Our in-house content gives us the ability to create strong franchises, nurture new talent and ultimately give consumers the best possible entertainment choices, hence making it a value proposition for our investors and stakeholders.”
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE QUARTER Q3 FY 19:
· 2018 has been a stellar year for Balaji Telefilms on Television delivering hit after hit – 16% market share in Prime Time Ratings, this is more than 2X of its nearest competing production house and more than Production House ranked 2nd and 3rd combined.
· 3 out of the Top 5 shows for the entire year including the #1 Weekend Show and #1 and #2 Daily Shows were produced by Balaji Telefilms.
· 27% QoQ improvement in Gross margins, in the TV content business, driven by improved execution during the quarter
· In the OTT space, - ALTBalaji ranked No.3 in the list of Top Video Streaming Apps by Consumer Spend (Subscription) for 2018. (Source: App Annie State of Mobile Report 2019)
· ALTBalaji’s subscribers base was at 13.1m vs 8.9m last reported. Monthly active users stood at 4.6m vs 2.3m
FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE Q3 FY 19
Television and Movie Production (Standalone business)
· Q3 FY 19 Revenue from Operations at Rs 111.5 cr comprising of Rs 103.8 cr from content production and Rs 7.7 cr from movies
· 9M FY 19 Revenues from Operations at Rs 358.2 cr – Rs 260.1 cr from content production and Rs 98.1 cr from movies
· Gross Margins for Standalone business at 23%. TV margins this quarter has improved 27% on account of better operating efficiencies and cost control as shows launched in Q1 have turned profitable
· Q3 FY 19 EBITDA at Rs 13.2 cr – 3.5x growth over Q2 FY19 EBITDA of Rs 3.8cr, 9M FY19 EBITDA at Rs 16.1cr.
· Net profit after Tax at Rs 12 cr for the quarter and Rs 17.9 cr for 9m FY19
· Total value of investments in Mutual Funds across the Company as on 31st December 2018 was at Rs 323 cr