Construction of multi storey car parking in Ludhiana near completion

Author(s): 

Chandigarh, October 16, 2012: Sharanjit Singh Dhillon, PWD Minister, Punjab today said that Punjab Government was paying extraordinary keen attention to the development of world class infrastructure by creating 4/6 lane road networks and constructing state-of-the-art building infrastructure in the state. Under this ambitious program of state government, the construction of 5 Government Polytechnics would be completed by March next year while the construction of multi storey parking at Ludhiana and Residential Complex on Dugri Road was on advanced stage of completion.

Informing about the status of under construction 26 Community Health Centers, Dhillon said that these projects would be completed well in-time as the construction was on full pace and the 90% construction has been completed by the Building Construction Wing of the PWD. 

He said that these state-of-the-art buildings were on advanced stage of completion with a total cost of Rs. 130 crores at Baleanwali, Bathinda, Chowk Mehta and Verka, Amritsar, Mehal Kalan in Barnala, Khera and Chanarthal Kalan in Fatehgarh Sahib District, Makhu and Wahawala in Ferozepur, Purana Shalla, Naushehra Majja Singh and Dhaliwal in Gurdaspur District, Benewal and Harta Badla in Hoshiarpur district, Hathoor and Koom Kalan in Ludhiana District, Kasal and Chabbal in Tarn Taran, Bariwala in Muktsar Sahib, Doodhan Sadhan in Patiala District, Bharatgarh in Roop Nagar district, Bareta in Mansa district, Bajakhana and Sadiq in Faridkot, Sherpur in Sangrur, Lalru in SAS Nagar, Dirba in Sangrur. He said that within six months the remaining constructions would be completed. 

Dhillon said that 5 hi-tech buildings of Government Polytechnic Colleges were on advanced stage of completion at Amritsar, Batala, Hoshiarpur, Khooni Majra and Government work Center at Rajpura, Patiala. He said that 95 % constructions of these projects have been completed whereas the remaining 5% work would be completed in next two months. He said that SAD-BJP Government was also creating a world class grain market at sector 39 in Chandigarh with a combined cost of Rs. 12 crore, which would also be completed by April 2013.

Divulging details of under construction multi storey car parking in District Administrative Complex at Ludhiana worth Rs. 7.5 crore, Dhillon said that by the next month this parking lot would be fully prepared while residential colony of PWD on Dugri Road with a total cost of Rs. 7.86 crore was also 50% completed. The Minister said that SAD-BJP Government has built 15 Universities Colleges by spending Rs. 180 crore. He said that 11 Tehsil Complexes were under construction with a total cost of Rs. 33 crore, which would be completed by March 2013.  

Date: 
Tuesday, October 16, 2012