Ludhiana, September 18, 2012: A group of 45 members of Fastener Manufacturers Association of India led by President Narinder Bhamra went to Gujrat on September 14 to conduct survey on condusive atmosphere in Gujrat.
During this process apart from survey, meetings with Shanker Bhai- Member Parliament, Varsha Ben Doshi- MLA from Surendra Nagar, Kamal Dayani, Industries Commissioner, Gujarat, H.D. Shrimali- Additional Industries Commissioner, Gujrat, Pradip Shah,
Collector and District Magistrate-Surendranagar, M.B. Patel-GAS-Resident Additional Collector and Additional DM- Surendranagar and Officials of GIDC were held to discuss about various Industrial friendly policies of Gujrat and setting up of Fastener Cluster in Gujrat.
The detail of advantages and facilities offered by
Gujrat Government are as under:
- 24x7 power supply for Industrial units. During survey/ study the group members could not find generator sets installed at factories.
- Availability of land in plenty. Right now government is offering land developed by GIDC in Sanand- cost of land Rs. 3,250 per sq. meter, Dahej –Rs. 1,020 per sq. meter, Halol-Rs. 1,200 per sq. meter , Surendranagar Dist. around Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 700 per sq. meter. Apart from that plenty of land on highways around 50 Km from Ahmedbad at Rs. 10,00,000 per acre is available. Apart from that instant transfer of agriculture land into Industrial park and provision of Rs. 10 crore grant for providing link to Industrial park such as water, electricity, sewerage and roads.
- 5% interest subsidy on land, building, machinery for five years with maximum limit of Rs.25 lakhs per annum. Total Rs. 125 lakh for 5 years for MSME units.
- 80% contribution for CFC up to Rs. 15 crores. Union Government releases 70% maximum it can be 50% the balance by Gujarat Government.
- Industrial friendly atmosphere and huge demand of Fasteners within State such as Reliance Group, Essay Group, Adana Group, Construction Companies, State Electricity Departments and various Mac's resulting in cost cutting.
- No undue pressure from bureaucracy.
- Exemption from electricity duty for 5 years.
It may be mentioned here that the meetings and visits were coordinated by Prakash P. Varmora - Convener Udyog Cell – Saurashtra Zone.
Meanwhile, it is learnt that Shanker Bhai - M P is also meeting Chief Minister, Gujrat for offering a special package for Fastener Industry and another meeting with CM , Industry Minister is planned in next month so that MoU can be signed for putting up a Fastener Cluster.