Hyderabad, December 3, 2019: Indian School of Business (ISB) today announced an interim progress update on the ongoing placements for the Class of 2020 of the flagship Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP). ISB students received the highest ever number of offers from recruiters this year and saw a 124% jump in their compensation compared to their pre-ISB CTC.
Professor Rajendra Srivastava, Dean, ISB said, “ISB was established with a vision to create future leaders for India and the world. Companies betting big on India continue to choose ISB as their preferred partner for meeting their talent requirements. With the largest class size in India of 890 students, ISB’s PGP offers a top-quality talent pool. The diversity and experience of the PGP class are the main draws for recruiters.”
The School saw hiring from recruiters spanning a wide spectrum of industries such as Consulting, IT/ITES/Technology, E-Commerce, BFSI, FMCG/Retail, Healthcare, Education, Media and Entertainment, Real Estate and Infrastructure, and Global Capability Centres.
• Consulting companies continued to hire in large numbers with Accenture, Alvarez and Marsal, AT Kearney, Bain and Company, Boston Consulting Group, Dalberg, Deloitte India, Deloitte USI, E&Y, EY Parthenon, GEP, KPMG, McKinsey & Company, PWC DIAC, PWC India, Roland Berger, Siemens Management Consulting and ZS Associates making a total of 314 offers between them
• There was robust hiring by IT/ITES, E-commerce and Technology companies with ADP, Amazon, Blackbuck, Byju’s, Electronic Arts, Flipkart, Google, InMobi, Media.Net Software Services, Mfine, Microsoft, Myntra, Nagarro Software, Nykaa, Ola, Paysafe, PhonePe, RazorPay, ThoughtWorks, Udaan, Uber, VMWare and Zomato being among the marquee names and startups that continued to hire from ISB while Bounce, MyGate and Rupeek Fintech, among many others, joined the list of recruiters this year
• BFSI companies such as Axis Bank, Citibank, Credit Suisse, Estee Advisors, ICICI Bank, Matrix Partners and Yes Bank continue to hire in large numbers while Investment Banking and Private Equity firms such as American Express, Barclays, Bexley Advisors, Kingfish Private Equity, National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (GOI), RBS, Waterfield Advisors and Wells Fargo came on board this year
• FMCG/Marketing companies accounted for over 7% of all offers made: AB InBev, Coca-Cola, Colgate Palmolive, Godrej, HUL, L’Oreal, Nestle, Procter and Gamble and Samsung continued to hire from ISB; ITC and Marico joined the list of recruiters this year
• Hiring for Leadership roles also saw an upswing with conglomerates such as Aditya Birla Group, Adani, CK Birla Group, Essar, Hinduja, Piramal, Reliance Industries, RPG and Shapoorji Pallonji making offers for roles ranging from Management Trainees to Executive Assistants to CXOs
• With several students having prior international experience, international recruiters including Apple (South Asia), Deloitte Middle East, EY Parthenon and Landmark Group continued to hire from ISB for senior management positions
• Hiring of women students also saw an upsurge with Axis Bank, along with a host of other companies hiring for leadership roles in good numbers. The PGP class of 2020, at 39%, has the largest-ever representation of women