ISLA Gala to be held concurrently with (ISC)2 Security Congress APAC July 3-4 in Hong Kong
HONG KONG, CHINA, June 19, 2017: (ISC)² ("ISC-squared") today announced the honorees for its 11th annual Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLA) Program. (ISC)² will recognize 24 honorees and announce six showcased workforce initiatives, as well as a community service star at a gala dinner and ceremony on July 3, 2017 at Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel, Hong Kong. Concurrently, (ISC)2 Security Congress APAC, will be held July 3-4 at the same venue.
The guest of honor, Ir. Allen Yeung, JP, Government Chief Information Officer, Office of Government Chief Information Officer, HKSAR , together with (ISC)2 executives, will celebrate the workforce achievements of top information security professionals from the Asia-Pacific region.
"Across the globe, our cybersecurity challenges are evolving and growing more complex every day," said Clayton Jones, Managing Director - Asia-Pacific of (ISC)². "The ISLA recognitions remind us of the commitment and leadership displayed by so many deserving cybersecurity professionals as they combat today's threats and pave the way to a safe and secure cyber world. Alongside our distinguished guests, I look forward to celebrating the achievements of this year's honorees."
The 2017 honorees are:
Information Security Educator
• Dr. Do Young Kim, CCFP-KR, Professor, KwangWoon University (Korea)
• Prof. Pauline C. Reich, Founder/Director, Asia-Pacific Cyberlaw, Cybercrime and Internet Security Research Institute, Waseda University School of Law (Japan)
• Dr. Hidehiko Tanaka, Life Fellow of IEEE, Professor Emeritus, The University of Tokyo (Japan)
Managerial Professional for Information Security Project(s)
• Yoshiyuki Kuwahara, CISSP, Chief of Information Strategy, Hiroshima Prefectural Government (Japan)
Information Security Practitioner
• Jae-hwan Baek, ENCE, CCFP, Information Security Specialist, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Republic of Korea (Information Security team) (Korea)
• Hoi Kit Martin Chan, Program Director, (ISC)2 Hong Kong Chapter (Hong Kong)
• SangMyung Simon Choi, Director, Hauri, Inc. (Korea)
• Wei Gu, CISSP, CCSP, CISM, AsiaPacific Information Security Team Leader, Astrazeneca (China)
• Po Lun Ho, OSCP, SANS GWAPT, SANS DFIR, Researcher, VXRL (Hong Kong)
• Dr. Chih-Hung Hsieh, R&D Manager, CyberTrust Technology Institute, Institute for Information Industry (Taiwan)
• Thanongsak Kijronee, Assistant Manager, Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) (Thailand)
• Lan-Fen Lin, MBA, ISO27001 LAC, Head, Information Security Department, 104 Corp. (Job Bank) (Taiwan)
• Chia-Yi Wang, Section Head, National Center for Cyber Security Technology (Taiwan National Computer Emergency Response, TWNCERT) (Taiwan)
Senior Information Security Professional
• Dr. Joongsup Choi, CISO/Head of Information Security Department, NEOWIZ (Korea)
• Dr. Ricci S. C. Ieong, CISSP, CCFP-US, CCSP, Principal Consultant, eWalker Consulting (HK) Ltd. (Hong Kong)
• Kwok Wai Kin Ip, CISSP, CISM, CISA, Manager, Risk Advisory, Deloitte China (Hong Kong)
• Dr. Xiapu Luo, Research Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong)，
• Dr. Jungchan Na, Managing Director, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (Korea)
• Katsuhiko Nakanishi, CISSP, Manager of Public Safety Business Promotion Office, Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics Promotion Division, NEC Corporation (Japan)
• Sarah Taylor, Strategic Management & Quality Manager, CyberSecurity Malaysia (Malaysia)
• Sen Ueno, President, Tricorder Co. Ltd. (Japan)
• Dr. Yu-Chih Wei, CISSP, CISM, CISA, Researcher, Telecom Laboratories, Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. (Taiwan)
• Xin Xu, CEO/President, Beijing secPoint Technology Co., Ltd. ( (China)
• Daisuke Yogi, CISSP, Senior Manager Business Promotion Department, NRI SecureTechnologies, Ltd. (Japan)
The honorees were selected by the 2017 (ISC)² Asia-Pacific ISLA Nomination Review Committee. It is comprised of members of the (ISC)² Asia-Pacific Advisory Council and previous Asia-Pacific ISLA honorees.
(ISC)2 Security Congress APAC 2017, will take place July 3-4 at the Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel in Hong Kong.